InteDashboard is exciting to be sharing an oral presentation at e-Learning Forum Asia, in Hong Kong!
The topic of our presentation was “Increasing student engagement and learning outcomes with technology enabled Team-Based Learning (“TBL”) in a Mergers & Acquisitions lecture at the National University of Singapore”
- Took the view that the first 10 weeks of the course was like the TBL readiness assurance phase
- Used the guest lecture time as a 4S application exercise
- Gave a 20 minute lecture on the background of the situation (in this case an acquisition deal I was part of)
- Followed this with several 4S application exercises related to the deal
For students (based on survey)
- Overall feedback was very positive with a student recommendation rate of 9.4 out of 10 (or 76 when calculated as a Net Promoter Score)
- Other ratings: 8.2/10 learning objectives met; 8.8/10 technology enhanced learning and 8.9/10 would recommend this format
- Qualitative feedback was positive and described as “engaging”; however students felt that timing could be better with more time allocated
For TBL educators it may be:
- A more engaging way to guest lecture
- An easy way to introduce TBL to other classrooms / educators
- A great way to demonstrate the value of TBL to industry by including invited guests as part of the TBL experience as content experts
- A relatively easy way to create an authentic case (using a guest speaker for the source of material) rather than have to create it yourself
Download the slides here.